Help Pass the First Federal Law to Protect Hens!
July 19, 2011
In a landmark agreement, the Humane Society of the United States and the United Egg Producers have agreed to pursue federal legislation that would:
- Eliminate new construction of battery cages.
- Require environmental enrichments for hens.
- Mandate labeling on egg cartons that states how the eggs were produced.
- Prohibit starvation-induced molting.
- Mandate euthanasia standards.
- Prohibit excessive ammonia levels in henhouses.
- Prohibit the sale of eggs in the US that don't meet these standards.
Please lend your voice to this important effort to help all of the 280 million caged hens in the United States!